The United States Lighthouse Society Goals
- to assist, in every possible way, the restoration and preservation of America's light stations.
- to continue researching the history of light stations, lightships and related aids to navigation.
- to sustain a program whose purpose is to put concerned parties in touch with local restoration groups.
- to serve as the means of communication between all who care about the preservation of these unique symbols of our maritime heritage.
- to continue publication of The Keeper's Log, a unique quarterly publication dedicated solely to interpreting historical aspects of these sentinels, detail current happenings, and, in general, inform and entertain concerned people.
- to maintain and constantly update a comprehensive research library and photographic archive containing material relating to light stations, lightships, and navigational aids.
- to continue to publish the quarterly Bulletin, with chapter news and domestic and foreign tour information.
- to raise funds, collect artifacts for and support the new National Lighthouse Museum on Staten Island, NY.
- to maintain the society’s vessel, RELIEF, as a floating museum.
Learn More About Us